My my My my
USA Hockey Coaching Clinics

The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from August to December 31.
Please check the website www.usahockey.com again beginning in July or August to locate a clinic near you. If you don’t see one near you right away, continue to check the website as clinic instructors add clinics on a weekly, if not daily basis.
All Coaches need to be patched to Level 3 in order to be on the bench during District and State Playoff Games.

Go to USA Hockey to register for level 1-5 coaching clinics, and you will be taken to a list of all coaching clinics that you may register for online. You can search through the list of clinics by city, state, level, date, or status. An "Open" status means the clinic is in the process of accepting registrants. "Locked" means the clinic is temporarily not accepting registrants, but may open up again based on availability. "Closed" means the clinic date has passed, but you can still view details if you are interested.
Please note that in order to register for a coaching clinic and reserve a spot at a clinic, you are required to pay online with a credit card. To find out if you can pay with a check at the clinic (although your spot will not be reserved), or for other specific information about each clinic, please contact the person listed on the "Details" form next to each clinic.

Coaches FAQ 's
Q) How do I become a coach or Asst. Coach?
A) You must register online as a coach coaches will be selected first from the online list.
Q) What if I have a conflict with the practice and or game schedule?
A) Once the practice schedule is posted you can swap your practice with another coach, most coaches will be more than glad to swap because sometimes they will be in the same situation.. never let a practice sheet go unused.
Q) Can I cancel my Valley Game?
A) To Cancel a Valley game you need to email your Level Director and . When you cancel a valley game SYH gets charged double the game fee. approx $500.00, and then your are responsible to pay for the makeup ice, referee's and timekeeper.
Q) What do I need to enter a Tournament?
A) As a coach your can enter any tournaments you like, but if you travel out of state you need a travel permit for insurance purposes and a stamped USA Hockey roster; contact your SYH District 10 rep. Most tournament are booked way in advance if you know your team is going a away for a tournament please email to have Valley not schedule your team for games during that weekend.

USA Hockey Player Patch Awards

Award Patches
Zero Club
Hat Trick
Award Patch Request Form | PDF